OFFICE OF THE DEAN OF STUDENTS (RECAS)
OFFICE OF THE DEAN OF STUDENTS (RECAS)
It is with great pleasure and immense joy that I welcome you to this office. Our doors are always open. The primary mandate of the Office of the Dean of Students is to seek for the welfare of the student fraternity on campus by making sure that you get fond memories about your stay on campus. The office the Dean of Students’ Affairs try to make sure that on campus, you get the opportunity to shape your skills and abilities through a series of regular extracurricular activities on campus. The Office provides you with various opportunities to foster your intellectual and personal growth, to develop and improve your overall academic experiences at ReCAS and make friends from different cultures. The office throughout these years has proven to execute its mission by aiding students to conceptualize how the university functions at the social and the academic level.
As you resume for your academics, we encourage you to put on an optimistic spirit and start with a very fresh beginning devoid of your past challenges. Make your present achievement better than your past and strive for excellence in whatever role you play on campus. I wish you a blissful stay at ReCAS where we promote talents.
OFFICE OF THE DEAN OF STUDENTS’ VISION STATEMENT
The office of the Dean of Students facilitates the personal growth, welfare, intellectual development, academic achievement and career success of each individual student by:
- Fostering a campus culture that encourages each student to pursue excellence and articulate his or her own goals;
- Creating environments that support both academic and social living on our campuses;
- Enhancing the learning environment and expanding learning opportunities for all students inside and outside the classroom;
- Developing leaders who believe in and lead others toward supporting civility, mutual respect and diversity in our society and workplaces;
- Expanding and connecting opportunities for students to participate in transformational experiences;
- Building and expanding the human, technological and physical resources that support the growth and development of student live.
- The ODS supports student groups to create and register students’ organizations.
- The ODS organizes mandatory orientations for student groups prior to their student organization registration.
- The ODS organizes student for a, including seminars on school life, examinations etc.
- The ODS organizes lectures for newly enrolled students.
- Student Groups Registration
- Exchange Programs with oversees University (Collaboration with Florida Agriculture and Mechanical University-FAMU)
The University College admits that participation in the activities of student groups is an important aspect of the student experience in ReCAS. The University environment encourages the formation of different student groups. These groups may be defined in a variety of ways, according to:
- A shared program of study,
- A commitment to service,
- A common activity, philosophy or background, or
- A particular perspective.
When approving (or disapproving) a group’s application for registration, the University College takes into account the group’s stated purposes, goals, activities, membership criteria, and other attributes. The University College also recognizes its obligation to support the activities and regulate the conduct of student groups, for the benefit of the groups themselves and the entire community. When a student group, through registration, enters into a formal relationship with the University College, responsibilities and benefits result for both. Student Groups are registered and supported through the Office of the Dean of Students.
The office of the Dean of Students can be reached via email on email@example.com