The Academic Planning and Quality Assurance Directorate
(DAPQA) stands out as the watch dog of academic and administrative excellence of ReCAS. One of the aims of DAPQA is to supervise the activities of the College by ensuring that admissions procedures are followed strictly, teaching and research are undertaken with modern methods and also that the administrative standards meet that of an enviable higher institution of learning.
To contribute to the promotion of quality academic and administrative standards through coordination, effective planning, strengthening of systems and good interpretation and implementation of policy documents of the Institution.
To build and manage a good quality culture in management, administration, academics and research in Regentropfen College of Applied Sciences, ReCAS.
In October, 2017 ReCAS established an Academic and Research audit with focus on internal auditing in relation to meeting of targets set in academics and research of the College. Thus, the initial mandate was the monitoring of activities of the College as mandated to it by the Board of Directors and College Council by ensuring that organizational goals as well as the objectives in the strategic plan are achieved. The need to move beyond audit to include planning and management of academic programmes necessitated the establishment of the Directorate of Academic Planning and Quality Assurance. The audit of academic and research was then upgraded into a directorate in February 2018 through the Academic Board.
- Authentication of staff certificates and academic credentials
- Evaluation of courses (content and lecturers)
- (University) College performance appraisal
- Serving as grievance lodgement unit in respect of customer service and care
- Process all documents for programme(s) accreditation and (re)-accreditation
- Periodic review of the curricula
- Monitoring of lectures
- Monitoring of examinations
- Vetting of admissions
- Vetting of examination results
- Orientation of newly employed staff
- Appropriate training to build capacity on teaching, researching, administration and other functions
- Review of standards and assessment procedures
- Affiliation Issues
- International Collaborations
- Drawing up of a road map to chartering of the College